Sanity Saving Hacks for Traveling with Kids
If you have taken an unprepared road trip with your kids before, you know it can be frustrating, to say the least. Depending on the age you are probably going to hear a lot of complaining or crying. The first road trip we took my son on was a 7 hour trip to the beach… I thought I was prepared, I was NOT! Nowadays…. I don’t even take him to the doctor’s office without a “Travel Bag”.
For longer road trips I got an activity lap desk and he LOVES it!
If you have a vacation planned with your kids, you should take note of these awesome ideas or Pin them for later. They will keep your kids busy and happy while you travel and are sure to save your sanity!
Make your travel experience FUN – not stressful!
1. Put together ‘busy baskets’ for the kids from the dollar store
2. Add a backseat organizer to save space
3. Use sandwich containers for on-the-go snacks
4. Create a word building activity kit with magnets
5. Surprise Bags for the “are we there yet” kids =]
7. Alphabet Book with Sheet Protectors and Stickers
8. Organization Bags for Actvities, Snacks and First Aid
9. DIY Magnet and Dry Erase Board Using a Cookie Sheet
10. Print or Create a Scavenger Hunt for Your Road Trip
11. DIY a “Would You Rather” Game to Play with Your Kids
12. DIY Coloring Cases with Sticky Notes
13. DIY Snack Containers Using Coffee Mate Containers
14. Busy Bags Using Cheap Pencil Cases
15. Healthy Snack Bags for Long Road Trips
Are you looking for more road trip and travel ideas for your family?
This blog is packed full of brilliant travel ideas, mind-blowing family advice, and SO much more!
This unique 4 part series includes:
- What to Pack – 10 Must Haves for the Road
- How to Plan Fun Stops Along the Way
- How to Keep Kids Entertained on the Road
- How to Handle Food on the Road
If you are planning to travel with your family soon, this series is sure to create a vacation to remember!